Rosa Food Products, named after Giacomo Foti's wife Rosa Foti,
was started in 1900. It was first a small shop at the corner of
13th and Federal Street in South Philadelphia catering to the
local Italians in the area. Foods from Italy were imported and
sold. As time passed, the demand for Rosa food products grew -
and so did the business.
By the 1930's, a warehouse was in existence with a variety of
products bearing the Rosa label. Giacomo Foti and his son, Leonardo,
were bottling cooking oils for private label and the Rita label.
Rosa Food Products became a wholesale food distributor selling
not just Rosa products, but a variety of Italian foods.
In 1969, Leonardo's son, Giacomo Foti II, incorporated Rosa Food
Products and continued the family tradition. Over time, new brands
and products have been introduced. The bottling of vinegar and
mustard were started in the early 1990's.
(The first corner store at 13th & Federal Streets)
A photo of 1 of over 300 Rosa Food Stores
In the year 1999, Giacomo and his family decided on building
a brand new facility to meet the needs of its customers. After numerous
discussions on location, the business moved to Grays Ferry Avenue
Rosa Food Products distributes their own quality
brands of Angela, Aveca, Cassino, Giacomo, He Man, Keller's, Luna,
Italy Brand American, Leonardo, Pavilion, Rosa and Rita. Today the
company imports and distributes to supermarkets, restaurants, specialty
stores, club stores and food distributors. A large variety of items
include tomatoes, vegetable oils, bread crumbs, peppers, specialties,
biscuits, candy, pasta, seafood, cheese, spices, vinegars, extracts,
housewares, waters, panettones, soups, olives, beans, mustards and
olive oil soap.